Epic API Analyst - Intermediate
AdventHealth Information Technology
Location Address: Orlando, FL
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Corporate
Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
Career growth and advancement potential
Award-winning IT Department
Full-Time, Monday – Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Identify API scope and compile Business Requirements Document
• Engage with 3rd party applications and vendors and coordinate meetings with application owners and Virtustream, manage follow-ups and communicate status updates to project team
• Analyzes thoroughly, proposes effective solutions for API interface projects, problem solve and production support. Perform analysis of API capabilities for 3rd party applications and completes data elements gap analysis. Reads, comprehends, and creates technical specifications, technical documentation, and other project documentation. Able to perform analysis and gather requirements with limited input or direction from senior team members. Researches and provides solutions for new projects
• Work with Virtustream, Epic, and application team or vendor to stay informed of API development progress
• Manages API integration activities through the entire software development life cycle, including analysis, design, specification, implementation, go-live, and support.
• Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and the Epic environment.
• Creates test scripts and associated documentation. As needed, prepares project documentation for Quality Assurance. Participates in the Quality Assurance testing process.
• Plans and implements API changes. Performs peer review of production migration prior to interface implementation. Attends change control meetings to represent any changes affecting interfaces. Creates detailed implementation plan and implements approved integration changes into production
• Communicates, coordinates, and escalates issues to seek resolution. Provides accurate and timely status updates to team lead and upper management, escalating roadblocks as necessary. Coordinates and drives interface meetings with external teams and vendors. Manages API project issues to seek resolution.
• Communicates clearly and effectively with team members, other AIT teams, vendors, customers, and management.
• Troubleshoots and resolves technical challenges and problems, escalates if necessary. Proposes solutions when problems or issues arise in a project or incident. Participates in on-call involving 24 X 7 API interface support.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
• Ability to logically read and comprehend technical and/or functional manuals and instructions
• Troubleshooting skills and the ability to resolve complex issues
• Working knowledge of APIs, Web Services, FHIR, HL7, interoperability standards, or system integration concepts
• Research and analysis skills to design new API interfaces or enhance existing API interfaces
• Knowledge of healthcare interoperability concepts and architecture
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
• Bachelor’s degree - preferably in a field of study such as Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• Four years of IT work experience
• 2-4+ years of experience in systems analysis, systems architecture, or programming with emphasis in applications and systems architectural design and development, database and middleware technologies is preferred
• 1-3 years of experience with systems integration, API, web services, or web development preferably in a healthcare IT environment
• Experience coordinating competing priorities and issues to facilitate appropriate client support and escalation of issues
• Experience working multiple projects concurrently
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• SQL experience
• Experience with healthcare operations or healthcare IT.
• Experience with interface on-call support.
• Experience with project management
• Experience with Epic, API development, Web Services FHIR, HL7
Under minimal levels of supervision, the Epic API Analyst applies practical knowledge of Epic, APIs, and integration to implement APIs between third party applications and Epic. Analyzes thoroughly and proposes effective solutions for API projects and problems. Designs and coordinates implementation of API solutions and participates in thorough testing of interfaces. Troubleshoots and resolves issues. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Information Systems
Organization: AdventHealth Information Technology
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Information Tech
Req ID: 21035336
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.