Registered Respiratory Therapist – Weekends- AdventHealth Murray - Part-Time Nights
Location Address: Chatsworth, GA
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon
· Five-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
· Top 100 Community Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
· Top 100 Rural Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
· Located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
· Co-workers that feel like family
Part-time/Weekend/Nights 7p-7a Friday/ Saturday night
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Oxygen therapy in accordance with departmental oxygen protocol.
· Prescribed medication via inhalation in accordance with the physician’s order.
· Performs nasotracheal / endotracheal suctioning
· Performs extubation procedures
· Performs tracheotomy tube changes
· Ensures that endotracheal tubes are rotated and retaped every 48-72 hours
· Rotates to critical care area routinely to ensure proficiency in ventilator management.
· Initiates, maintains and monitors mechanical ventilation, BIPAP/CPAP and other ventilatory devices as required.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Associates Degree in Respiratory Care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 1 year experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Must have a State of Georgia license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
· Must be BLS certified upon hire.
· ACLS, PALS, and NRP required within 6 months of hire date.
The Respiratory Therapist will deliver safe and effective care, which is consistent with the standards of care for this discipline. This position requires the Respiratory Therapist to be knowledgeable and proficient in the treatment of respiratory and cardiovascular disorders for inpatients and outpatients under the direction of the Cardiopulmonary Clinical Coordinator and the Director of Inpatient Services. This position requires intimate knowledge of both departmental and hospital policies and procedures relating to the field of Cardiopulmonary sciences. This position functions independently within the critical care areas of the hospital.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: AdventHealth Murray
Shift: 3 - Night
Travel: AdventHealth Murray
Req ID: 21027453
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.