Patient Care Tech AdventHealth
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth
Immediate benefits available
Providing faith-based, whole person care in 9 states
Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
Employee Referral Program
Full Time and Part Time opportunities
Days or Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
I will provide a clean patient care environment and uphold all principles of infection control.
· Consistently follow organizational guidelines for effective hand hygiene.
· Follow guidelines for standard precautions as directed.
· Maintain a neat and clean patient environment by changing linens, emptying trash and keeping hallways clean and free of clutter and equipment.
· Perform environmental tasks as delegated with minimal supervision.
I will promote teamwork and nurture relationships so as to be seen as a positive member of the healthcare team.
· Support the goals of the department and adheres to all organizational and departmental policies.
· Attend all required staff meetings and mandatory training.
· Communicate clearly and effectively to all customers, the RN and other members of the healthcare team.
· Answer call lights, telephones and requests for assistance quickly and with a smile and pleasant demeanor.
· Willingly seek and take on additional responsibilities as assigned within my competency level.
· Resolve issues and problems as soon as they arise.
I will provide exceptional service and/or care to all patients, customers and team members.
· Obtain and record patient vital signs and intake and output as directed.
· Assist patients with activities of daily living.
· Turn and reposition patients with or without assistance as directed.
· Listen attentively and provide information in a way that is respectful and ensures understanding.
· Address customers by their preferred names.
· Provide for privacy and dignity of all patients by closing doors and curtains when providing patient care.
I will ensure a safe environment for all patients, customers and team members.
· Demonstrate proper use of patient care supplies and equipment.
· Demonstrate knowledge of patient safety policies and respond appropriately to organizational disaster codes.
· Follow directions accurately and completely.
· Keep patient and hospital information confidential and out of public view
What You Will Need:
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 22001817
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.