AdventHealth Care Center (ACC) Residential Assessment Director MDS RN - TCU
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
Location: 701 W PLYMOUTH AVE, Deland, 32720
The role you’ll contribute: The MDS Assessment Coordinator is responsible and accountable for completion and coordination of the MDS and interdisciplinary care plan on all patients admitted to the Transitional Care Unit. Leads out in the MDS Department and works independently to coordinate, audit, and oversee all functions of MDS and resident care analysis process to assure compliance with federal and state requirements, and to certify timely completion of MDS analysis. Monitors the assignment of residents to PDPM Case Mix group and the payment periods associated with the MDS schedules. Develops and maintains on-going MDS schedules for each resident. Uses independent judgment and decision making in analyzing residents' physical and mental function and documents data on minimum data set forms completely and accurately to insure accurate billing of residents' accounts; documents all additional analysis required completely and accurately; determines appropriate referrals to other health care professionals; and uses resident analysis protocols to determine whether to proceed or not proceed. Attends assigned committee meetings to represent the MDS department. May coordinate work schedules of one or more other MDS Nurse(s). As a licensed nurse working in a skilled nursing facility may be called upon during critical or emergency situations to perform general nursing duties.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local government regulations and legislation and their impact on health care service.
• Knowledge of the Minimum Data Set, PDPM Case Mix), Triggers, Care Area Assessment (CAAs), Plan of Care, Discharge Plan, Skilling Criteria, and documentation requirement per regulations and legislation.
• Reviews resident referral information from a variety of sources.
• Manages and collaborates with the MDS team on look back periods and informs the interdisciplinary team regarding changes in the look back periods for the MDS completion including the “significant change” MDS.
• Determines the admission PDPM category for payment for the initial five-day medical MDS in collaboration with the admission designee and the MDS team.
• Effectively manages PDPM categories by monitoring and capturing care/treatments rendered to residents and recording it.
• Establishes MDS schedules for each resident and coordinates the timely completion of ancillary analysis with all team members.
• Ensure the MDS’s are encoded, edited, locked, and electronically transmitted within the required time frames and that any errors or issues are effectively resolved.
• Performs physical, mental, and psychosocial analysis on all residents and accurately reflect findings in each MDS.
• Develops and revise and individualized plans of care based on resident’s current needs and response to current treatments.
• Develops CQI tracking and trending program related to MDS quality Measures. Performs audits at the direction of the DON and submits findings to the DON.
• Reviews the MDS, CAA’s, care plans, and documentation in the medical record, to determine if desired outcomes have been achieved.
• Attends assigned committee meetings, representing the MDS department.
• Assists with month-end billing by completing assessments that are preventing month-end close as soon as feasible.
• Communicates appropriately and clearly to co-workers, billing managers, medical records staff, clinical managers, administrator, fiscal intermediary, managed care organizations and physicians.
• Demonstrates an ability to effectively organize records and information that are necessary to perform job duties efficiently.
• Demonstrates an ability to be flexible when situations require and function effectively and in a collegial manner in stressful situations.
• Treats residents and their families with respect and dignity and ensure resident confidentiality and privacy.
• Involves the resident, the resident’s family or legal representative, physician and the interdisciplinary team in the development and updating of the plan of care.
• Oversees and ensures the timely communication of care planning activities with residents and/or residents' families.
• Maintains a good working relationship with all departments.
• Meets current standards and policies for documentation.
• Identifies the needs of the resident and communicates those needs to the facility discharge planner prior to the resident’s discharge.
• Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
• Attends staff education, training, and other meetings.
• Provides staff teaching as required.
• Understand and utilize resource computer MDS program and forms.
• Other duties as assigned.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
• Must be 18 years of age or older
CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Basic Life Support - CPR Cert
• Registered Nurse
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification from a certified instructor requiring live return demonstration, such as the American Heart Association is preferred, and required to be obtained within the first 30 days after employment
• Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state practicing
• MDS Certification by the American Association of Nursing Assessment Coordinators (AANAC) or the equivalent is preferred, or effort should be made to obtain the certification within a year of employment.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Care Center Leadership
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: ADH Care Center Leadership
Req ID: 22014129
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.