Assistant Nurse Manager Medical Progressive Care AdventHealth Ocala
1500 SW 1 st Avenue Ocala, FL
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
- Sign on Bonus and Relocation Assistance Available
· Join a collaborative team
- Horse Capital of the World
· Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
· Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
· Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
· Spectacular springs throughout the county
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Days (12hr shifts) Rotating Weekends
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Educates, validates and ensures accountability of all Patient experience tactics.
· Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
· Promotes and validates iCARE compliance.
· Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
· Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
· Adheres to AdventHealth standards for dress and professional appearance.
· Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
· Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
· Participates in 30, 60, and 90 day evaluations of new staff, and assists in completion of meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
· Meets regularly with staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes.
· Complies with AdventHealth corrective action process.
· Monitors and maintains acceptable compliance with budgets. Will monitor and manage productivity daily and collaborate with Nurse Manager on completing monthly variance report and formulating action plan
· Assists in development of Operating and Capital Budgets
· Facilitates patient flow to and from the units.
· Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions as appropriate based on benchmarks and data specific to the departments with the ability to monitor and evaluate progress.
· In collaboration with the Nurse Manager, continually monitors vacancy and turnover rates. Will assist in implementation strategies for staff retention.
· Complete and submit departmental reports as assigned by Nurse Manager.
· Demonstrates accountability by taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
· Maintains regulatory agency preparedness.
· Participates in staff development by ensuring education, advancement of staff skills and certifications.
· Serve as mentor and advisor to facilitate professional growth of Unit Staff.
· Plans new projects or expansions, including equipment, staffing and space requirement.
· Assumes staff RN duties and responsibilities as appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Possess a broad nursing knowledge, leadership ability, accepts responsibility, exercises authority, and functions independently.
· Possess insight for employee growth and development and the ability to do effective impartial counseling.
· Working knowledge of budgets and healthcare finance and leadership capabilities.
· Has ability to work a varied schedule, to include night and weekend hours, with visibility to all shifts.
· Must be able to use all systems (i.e. Cerner, Clarivia, Capacity Management) as required on unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Minimum of five years acute care nursing experience or two years if has prior leadership experience in team leader role.
· BLS, ACLS
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
· BSN preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Current valid Florida State Board of Nursing Registered Professional Nurse license
To provide direct care to patients on an assigned unit using the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Functions and performs all technical aspects of nursing care within the framework of established policies and procedures of AdventHealth Ocala. Responsible for managing care of assigned patients and guiding and directing the activities of ancillary staff. May function as charge nurse. Functions on the nursing unit as assistant to the physician.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Ocala
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Ocala
Req ID: 21025051_5
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.