YOU MUST ATTACH YOUR RESUME, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND/OR DIPLOMAS WITH THE APPLICATION
The Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) is responsible for improving quality and outcomes for the Cancer Institute across the Central Florida Division by ensuring appropriate clinical documentation is captured to meet national registry guidelines and regulatory requirements. The CTR is responsible for ensuring all clinical elements accurately reflect the care provided by AdventHealth to allow for accurate state, federal, and public reporting. The CTR serves as the Cancer Registry content expert to review patient diagnosis, treatment, and outcomes across the care continuum. Responsible for completing ongoing longitudinal follow-up to meet national regulatory requirements. The CTR is responsible for alerting leadership of potential discrepancies in documentation or care variation. The CTR completes case finding, abstracting and follow-up data entry in compliance with national, state and accreditation standards. Actively participates in continuing education in order to stay abreast of all applicable changes in the cancer industry with regards to coding and compliance.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Serves as the Cancer Registry content expert responsible for identification of potential cancer registry candidates in strict compliance with standards and abstracting rules set by federal, state, and national accrediting body requirements.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Strong understanding of complex medical conditions and surgical procedures to make clinical judgements on appropriateness of cancer care to measure quality and outcomes
• Ability to make independent decisions when considering a broad range of internal/external clinical variables to adhere to national cancer guidelines
• Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft 365 applications
• Effectively coordinates multiple priorities to meet registry submission deadlines
• Effective communication skills with ability to communicate with leadership, front line team members, physicians, and patients
• Ability to make independent decisions when considering a broad range of internal/external clinical variables to adhere to national guidelines
• Thorough understanding of the Quality Measures as specified by the Commission on Cancer
• Thorough knowledge on a site by site basis of the evidence based NCCN Guidelines for cancer care
• Thorough knowledge of required resource references and utilization as specified in the Florida Cancer Data System (FCDS) Data Acquisition Manual (DAM).
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
• Proficiency with electronic medical records, computerized cancer registry databases, word processing software, and windows-based operating system
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
• Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare or Health Information Management
• 2 years of abstracting experience in a CoC approved Cancer Program
• Experience working in a quaternary care hospital system
• Experience working in a multi-campus healthcare system
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS AND/REGISTRIES REQUIRED
CTR - Certified Tumor Registrar
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Cancer Institute
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Orl Support
Req ID: 21025741
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.