Clinical Research Coordinator III Registered Nurse
Advent Health Orlando
Location: 601 E. Rollins Street
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Orlando:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours: Part-time Day
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Delivers safe care and demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all participants. Maintains adequate skills in clinical competencies including but not limited to physical assessment, phlebotomy and IV insertion. Practices the principles of Universal Precautions. Understands and abides by HIPAA regulations.
· Maintains a clean, prepared clinical space. May perform set-up and turnover procedures in all clinical areas, per SOP’s, in a timely manner.
· Participates in internal and/or external training programs to maintain licensure.
· Provides effective and compliant clinical research study coordination, including planning, organizing, and managing all study activities related to clinical research operations and execution of timelines.
· As directed, leverages clinical expertise to develop and implement processes and procedures to ensure workflow is optimized while meeting quality standards. Interfaces with AHRI Cores as study coordinator to ensure initiation and completion of industry-sponsored and investigator-initiated clinical trials.
· Serves as a preceptor for all new study coordinators, including the development of training processes and material.
· Provides guidance and mentorship to promote growth for study team members, including those in new positions.
· Assists in establishing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for AdventHealth Research Institute clinical operations, research training, and certification for staff.
· Identify, develop and/or participates on special projects for the efficient operations of clinical research areas.
· Assists in the development of approaches to monitor and evaluate the quality and safety of clinical operations at AHRI.
· Supports the delivery of safe care with regard for the dignity and respect for all patients/participants.
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth and efficient operations of AHRI.
What You Will Need
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Bilingual (English/Spanish)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate degree in Nursing
· Minimum 4 years of Clinical Research experience
· Experience in areas of specialty, as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current, active State of Florida license as a Registered Nurse
· Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) (per the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA))
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
· Other certification as applicable to clinical degree or program (i.e. medical assistant, medical technician, phlebotomy)
The Clinical Research Coordinator III RN serves AdventHealth Research Institute (AHRI) providing oversight of the conduct of industry-sponsored and investigator-initiated clinical trials in accordance with trial protocols, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and International Conference on Harmonization/Good Clinical Practices (ICH/GCP) guidelines. Functions as a clinical study coordinator for strategically aligned clinical projects and initiatives for the clinical research units they serve. Works closely with Supervisor and AHRI Core Managers to develop systems and processes that facilitate the initiation and completion of clinical research studies. Collaborates with AdventHealth Research Services teams to ensure smooth operations. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility for maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Orl Support
Req ID: 21043585
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.