Sterile Processing Supervisor AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Assesses adherence to principles of asepsis through inspection of materials and techniques utilized by technicians in performing job duties.
· Assesses the department’s activities and the performance of technicians and provides direction as required/needed.
· Maintains accurate sterilization records and submits required reports. Monitors sterilization practices to ensure all standards are met. Takes corrective action if parameters are not met.
· Performs and monitors specific quality improvement audits, standards and tests.
· Monitors Instructions for Use (IFU) on all instruments and equipment in SPD.
· Assembles instrument trays and equipment in accordance with established department procedures.
· Coordinates, monitors, and delegates activities in selection and requisitioning of department supplies, instruments, and equipment by participating through research, in an effort to provide the most suitable material available as directed by Corporate Compliance.
· Cleans instruments and equipment in accordance with established procedures.
· Delegates responsibilities with fairness and equality.
· Demonstrates and understands principles of infection control. Monitors work environment to ensure infection control standards are met. Ensures department is cleaned on a daily basis
· Monitors environmental controls (temp, humidity, air flow) and takes corrective action as needed. Identifies and reports any other environmental concerns to the management team.
· Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy and goals of the organization.
· Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of safety policies and procedures.
· Directs collection, receiving, processing, storing and distribution of equipment and instruments required by all departments.
· Inspects and maintains instruments and equipment.
· Acts as a liaison between all hospital departments that utilize Central Services to ensure customer need are met.
· Performs inventory maintenance for code blue cart exchanges in conjunction with pharmacy.
· Maintains adequate work flow and assists in preparation of work schedule with OR Director/Manager/Charge Nurse..
· Operates and monitors Sterrad, Endoscopy Cleaners, Steam Sterilizers, Steris Machines, Heat Sealers, Instruments for trays, and department computer.
· Assists in problem solving as required/needed.
· Monitors staff use of PPE in decontamination area. Ensures safe work practice.
· Responsible for personal professional development.
· Tests the Steam, Sterrad and Steris sterilizers in accordance with established policies and procedures with appropriate controls.
· Participates in the disciplinary process with employees. Coordinates continuing education in-services for department staff for new equipment, department products, and instrumentation, including ambulatory surgery center, and Florida Hospital physician offices.
· Develops orientation plan for new employees. Assists with employee evaluations accurately and timely.
· Plans staff assignments for the shift based on surgery schedule and other procedure area volumes. Works in conjunction with the management team to ensure appropriate staffing. Justifies department overtime weekly.
· Prioritizes work throughout the shift to ensure instrumentation availability based on surgery schedule.
· Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Knowledge of all Central Sterile equipment and supplies.
· Knowledge of all instrumentation and processing procedures.
· Able to articulate the IAHCSMM (International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management) Standards and Guidelines.
· Fluent in English Language, speaking, reading, writing
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Ability to communicate information accurately and timely.
· Ability to effectively train new staff in department job responsibilities and protocols.
· Ability to maintain appropriate inventory management.
· Serves as primary point of contact for OR for instrument issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· High School / GED equivalent.
· Five (5) years’ experience as Central Sterile Processing Technician
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Previous management skills preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Certified Registered Central Service Technician
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certification Instrument Specialist
- Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with:
· Medical staff
· The public
· External business associates
- Exhibits positive ICARE Values & Workforce behaviors:
Integrity: I am honest and ethical in all I say and do!
Compassion: I will exceed my customer’s expectations by providing spiritually driven,
Accountability: I hold myself accountable for all my actions.
Respect: I treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity and value.
Excellence: I will exceed the expectations of the patients and family we serve and measure
this service through continuous surveying of patient satisfaction.
Demonstrates effective communication skills; is able to report and convey required information either verbally or in writing; maintains required level of confidentiality; consults with and/or advises appropriate personnel of situations requiring follow-up or attention.
Conforms to all Adventist Health System corporate/Florida Hospital Heartland Division organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· AHS Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook.
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO, and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: Net Learning, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation and as pertains to each work area.
Supports departmental and organizational Mission through:
· Appropriate use of resources
· Providing assistance to team members
· Accepting work or schedule assignments
· Participating in process and performance improvement as required
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will
facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities.
The Supervisor in Sterile Processing is responsible for coordinating all activities related to sterilization, decontamination and disinfection. Assists with staff evaluations, monthly schedules, and performance improvement activities for the department. Oversees the orientation of new employees. Acts as a liaison between Central Services and other hospital departments to ensure availability of instrumentation and equipment need for patient care. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Sebring
Req ID: 21020492
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.