Sterile Processing Tech AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week. M-F Scheduled. Call Required.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Accepts and adjusts to changes imposed by government regulations, consumer demands, professional organizations and other external or internal forces.
· Accepts responsibility by initiating the incident reporting mechanisms when indicated.
· Adheres to AORN and AAMI standards and guidelines.
· Adheres to department and hospital dress code including fingernails and jewelry.
· Annual physical update and goals ready at evaluation time.
· Assembles instrument trays and equipment in accordance with established department procedures.
· Assists with orientation of new employees.
· Assumes call responsibilities as needed to meet department needs.
· Assumes responsibility to maintain current technical and professional competence.
· Assumes unit responsibility when delegated to do so.
· Assures patients right for privacy, safety and confidentiality at all times.
· Assures that all needed supplies and equipment are available in a timely manner.
· Attends a minimum of 8 scheduled staff meetings annually.
· Carries out responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
· Cleans instruments and equipment in accordance with established procedures.
· Completes work assignments on time as prescribed by the nursing manager.
· Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
· Demonstrates awareness of health care, uses and implements budgetary containment practices.
· Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy, organizational and department goals and mission of the organization.
· Demonstrates understanding of organizational and department policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates, understands and practices principles of infection control and aseptic practices/technique.
· Displays interest and enthusiasm in the welfare of the surgery department, the division of nursing and the hospital.
· Exhibits courtesy and sensitivity when interacting with other staff, patients, families, physicians and the community.
· Functions effectively in stressful situations and prioritizes efficiently and effectively.
· Functions in a calm, quiet manner during stressful situations and expresses frustrations in an appropriate manner and place.
· Functions in the role of a preceptor for nursing students.
· Improvises when necessary without compromising personal or departmental standards.
· Incorporates current epidemiological standards in protecting the patient, environment or unit.
· Incorporates new procedures and philosophies into one's work performance.
· Inspects and maintains instruments and equipment.
· Insures unit is clean and safe at all times.
· Keeps processing areas neat and clean.
· Knowledgeable and practices aseptic technique and infection control practice.
· Maintains equipment in its proper working condition, identifies malfunctioning equipment, removes it for repair, completes appropriate paperwork, and notifies engineering or bio-med department.
· Maintains good physical and emotional well-being.
· Maintains knowledge of new trends and developments of assigned areas.
· Maintains pertinent, accurate and current records per department policy.
· Maintains positive physician relationships and appropriate communication.
· Maintains Sterilizing Records.
· Manages assigned workload in a timely manner.
· Promotes and contributes positively to intra and interdepartmental relations.
· Promotes and demonstrates teamwork.
· Provides and maintains a safe physical environment.
· Provides positive, respectful communication to co-workers, physicians, anesthesia personnel, ancillary departments, visitors and patients.
· Recognizes emergency situations and reacts efficiently and appropriately.
· Recognizes potential safety hazards, intervenes for the safety of patients, visitors and personnel.
· Reports patient changes, environmental hazards and other areas of concern to the appropriate discipline.
· Responsible for personal and professional development.
· Seeks and accepts constructive criticism and implements actions designed for self-improvement.
· Shows self-direction by functioning without the need for close supervision.
· Tests gas, steam and Steris sterilizers in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· Utilizes appropriate channels of communication/command when initiating change, reporting information or concerns.
· Works effectively with others.
· Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Fluent in speaking, comprehending and writing in the English Language.
· Ability to communicate information accurately and timely
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Principles of Asepsis
· Knowledge and skills of processing instruments and endoscopes
· Previous knowledge and operation of sterilizers and instrument and scope processors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· High School Graduate or GED
· On-the-job training
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Graduate of an accredited CST Course
· Previous Sterile Processing experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certified registered Central Service Technician
- Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with:
· Medical staff
· The public
· External business associates
- Exhibits positive ICARE Values & Workforce behaviors:
Integrity: I am honest and ethical in all I say and do!
Compassion: I will exceed my customer’s expectations by providing spiritually driven,
Accountability: I hold myself accountable for all my actions.
Respect: I treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity and value.
Excellence: I will exceed the expectations of the patients and family we serve and measure
this service through continuous surveying of patient satisfaction.
Demonstrates effective communication skills; is able to report and convey required information either verbally or in writing; maintains required level of confidentiality; consults with and/or advises appropriate personnel of situations requiring follow-up or attention.
Conforms to all Adventist Health System corporate/Florida Hospital Heartland Division organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· AHS Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook.
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO, and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: Net Learning, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation and as pertains to each work area.
Supports departmental and organizational Mission through:
· Appropriate use of resources
· Providing assistance to team members
· Accepting work or schedule assignments
· Participating in process and performance improvement as required
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will
facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities.
Responsible for decontamination, processing and sterilization of instruments and supplies. Performs non-nursing tasks as assigned.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Sebring
Req ID: 21010115
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.