Medsurg - Assistant Nurse Manager FT-Days - AdventHealth Lake Placid
Location Address: 1210 US 27 North Lake Placid, Florida 33852
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Lake Placid
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Local arts scene from museums and theaters to festivals and galleries
Local restaurants with the authentic taste of Florida
Near 100+ clear, freshwater lakes. Ideal for swimming, boating and fishing
Beautiful agriculture and farmland
Sebring is known for motorsports and home to the famous Sebring International Raceway
Nature and hiking trail.
Full Time – Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers-in person or on
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other
· Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
· Promotes and validates TWCE/Leader Rounding compliance.
· Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
· Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
· Adheres to hospita l standards for dress and professional appearance.
· Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
· Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
· Participates in 30, 60 and 90-day evaluations of new staff, and assists in completion of meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
• Meets regularly with staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes.
• Complies with hospital corrective action process.
• Monitors and maintains acceptable compliance with budgets. Monitors Visionware daily and
collaborates with Nurse Manager/Director on completing monthly variance report and formulating
action plan when necessary.
• Rounds on patients and family members. Provides service recovery when necessary.
• Assists in development of Operating and Capital Budgets
• Facilitates patient flow to and from the units.
• Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
• Implements actions as appropriate based on benchmarks and data specific to the departments.
• In collaboration with the Nurse Manager/Director, continually monitors vacancy and turnover rates.
Will assist in implementation strategies for staff retention.
• Complete and submit departmental reports monthly.
• Demonstrates accountability by taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
• Maintains regulatory agency preparedness.
• Participates in staff development by ensuring education, advancement of staff skills and
• Serve as mentor and advisor to facilitate professional growth of Unit Staff.
What You Will Need:
Minimum of two years acute care nursing experience
Valid RN License, Florida
BLS, ACLS within 6 months of hire
Bachelors of Science in Nursing within 3 years
The Assistant Nurse Manager supervises and coordinates patient care delivery on the assigned nursing
units and is accountable for meeting standards. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports the assigned unit
by planning, directing, and evaluating all nursing service functions and activities for the assigned patient
care unit to ensure delivery of optimal available quality patient care and organizational effectiveness.
The Assistant Nurse Manager completes concurrent chart audits of assigned areas to ensure charting
within the EMR is complete, accurate and specific to the patients' diagnosis, plan of care and core
measures. Ensures that errors and omissions are corrected in a timely manner. Coordinates staff educational needs. Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing product.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Lake Placid
Req ID: 21029329
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.