Nurse Tech Full Time Nights Rehab Unit at AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers.
· Demonstrates appropriate and courteous phone etiquette.
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Performs tech checks to assist nursing with hourly rounding using the AIDET technique.
· Demonstrates culturally competent care into daily practice.
· Reflects ICBEST practices as a representative of Florida Hospital Tampa.
· Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
· Communicates in a timely manner with the appropriate RN as needed.
· Will assist with paper process during and after computer down time.
· Assists with updates to patient white boards.
· Greets new patients and families in timely and courteous manner on arrival.
· Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional appearance.
· Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork in assisting with patient flow.
· Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services and when ordering supplies and complies with decisions made for staffing adjustments (i.e. floating).
· The Nurse Technician supports the delivery of patient care in accordance with standards of care emphasizing basic hygiene, comfort, and activities of daily living under the direction of the Registered Nurse to promote the achievement of identified patient outcomes. Reports changes of condition, potential problems or concerns involving the patient or family promptly to the nurse in timely manner (i.e. vital signs, intake/output).
· Assists in maintaining patient skin integrity by:
o Turning and repositioning patient according to policy.
o Notifies nurse if skin breakdown observed.
· Performs accucheks and hemocults per hospital procedure and documents.
· Documents accurately and timely all procedures and patient care tasks.
· Removes peripheral IV catheters, disposes of in accordance with hospital biohazardous waste policy, observes site and notifies nurse of condition. Documents in electronic medical record (EMR).
· Empties Foley bags, JPs, and hemovacs. Documents care and intake/output in the (EMR).
· Specimen Collection as assigned by RN and following hospital policy for patient identification.
· Takes vital signs, accurate weights, and measures intake/output and documents accurately.
· Transports patients with necessary equipment to destinations within scheduled time frames, observing correct techniques.
· Assists in positioning, lifting, and ambulating patients, using appropriate safety precautions and body mechanics.
· Answers call lights in a timely manner.
· Distributes linen supplies.
· Supports nutritional needs of the patient by:
o Assisting with meal set-up.
o Feeding patients within identified restrictions.
o Documents percent of meal intake including supplements.
o Notifies and documents communication to nurse if patient does not have adequate p.o. intake for meals or snacks, or if the patient is not following fluid restrictions in timely manner.
· Performs proper hand-washing techniques before, during, and after patient care at all times.
· Demonstrates safety in care of patients with restraints:
o Ensures restraints are applied properly according to FHT policy/procedure.
o Reports any patient behavioral changes to the nurse.
· Demonstrates responsibility for patient safety related to falls.
· Participates in frequent tech checks to decrease patient need to use call light system and increase patient safety.
· Places bed alarms on patients at risk for falls.
· Recognizes all patients are on fall risk in the hospital environment:
o Responds immediately to patient bed alarms.
o Responds to call bells in a timely manner.
o Is proactive in meeting all patient needs.
· Adheres to specifics on isolation signage for patients Acts as preceptor for new unit staff members as assigned. Ensures safe and effective handoff communications between care givers.
· Completes all mandatory educational requirements, Completes CNA/NT self-study educational packets, attends 75% of unit staff meetings.
What You Will Need:
• Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions effectively.
Must have documentation (evidenced by CNA or EMT license) that supports the attainment of the following skill sets:
o Knowledge of and ability to perform accuchecks and hemoccults.
o Knowledge of normal parameters for vital signs for age specific population
o Knowledge of and ability to obtain vital signs correctly
o Knowledge of and ability to remove peripheral IV catheters.
o Knowledge of and ability to empty foley bags, JP’s and hemovacs
o Working knowledge of and ability to use computer and perform data entry.
o Ability and willingness to work a flexible workweek including weekends, nights and overtime as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Completion of a formal Certified Nursing Assistant education program or Must be currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program with transcripts providing for successful completion of fundamentals of nursing course materials, OR Completion of the equivalent of Basic Fundamentals of Nursing, from an accredited Nursing Program, OR completion of an approved EMT course.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• Current Florida Certified Nursing Assistant license OR Current Florida Certified EMT (unless currently enrolled in ASN or BSN program with completion of fundamentals of nursing).
Perform specific tasks or routines supportive to delivery of patient care while performing as Goodwill Ambassador; conducting patient and family checks in the assigned nursing unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with Division of Nursing standards. Will also perform clerical duties related to computers, workstation on wheels (WOWs) equipment and supply checks. Responsible for the inventory and ordering of supplies, equipment and services needed to support the efficient operation of the assigned nursing unit and patient care delivery.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Tampa
Shift: 3 - Night
Travel: AdventHealth Tampa
Req ID: 22000128
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.